Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question/Suggestion about RAM

• Please log in to reply

fate9

fate9

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
hello everyone, pls help me decide on what ram to use. i bought 2 1gb corsair ddr2 at newegg my original is 2 512 ones my computer specs: XP, 3 ghz, asustek goldfish3, hp a1034n series(quite old). am i going to combine all memory with alternating slots? or remove the original and just put the new ones? thx for the reply

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
If it were me, I'd remove the old and only put in the new.

XP isn't going to see much benefit from more than 2GB of RAM, unless you're playing some of the newest graphic intensive games. You're also less likely to have stability troubles that can sometimes occur when combining different sticks of RAM. It's best if they're all the same.

fate9

fate9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
thank you sir for the quick reply. ok im going to take your advice :)
ahmm i have an impending problem too at hijackthis log sectionPending problem, 2 days ago still unanswered but if only u guys have time... thx again i appreciate it :)

Edited by fate9, 06 December 2008 - 05:18 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
If it goes 3 days without a reply, you can post in the waiting room.