Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photo Explosion folder is open on my desktop evey time I start up

• Please log in to reply

Barbara859

Barbara859

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Every time I start up my computer, the Photo Explosion Deluxe folder is open on my desktop. It does not seem to cause much of a problem other than the fact that it annoys me. I have minimized it, but I close it because I don't like it there. When I close it, the icons on the desktop go blank for a few seconds then "reset".

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
It's probably because the application is being called to start up when you start your computer.

There are three ways to try to remedy this.
1) Open Photo Explosion and look in the Options or Settings for a way to disable it from starting up with Windows.
2) Go to Start>All Programs>Startup and look for an entry that has to do with Photo Explosion, and delete it.
2) Go to Start>run... type in msconfig. Once the System Configuration Utility window opens, select the Startup tab... uncheck anything that has to do with Photo Explosion. You will need to restart your machine. When your machine starts up again, You will get a notification window because you ran msconfig... just close it.

Hopefully this will cure your problem.

Barbara859

Barbara859

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I tried all three of your suggestions. The third one worked! I unchecked something called "calcheck". It was connected to Photo Explosion Deluxe (Ulead).

Thanks for your help!

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
You're welcome!