Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yieldmanager

• Please log in to reply

ReallyNeedHelp

ReallyNeedHelp

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I got these pop-ups from ad.yieldmanager.comevery time I log on Live messenger, I have tried to get help in here under malware. But he do not think this is malware related at this point. So he asked me to post it here.

Here is a link to my last topic sp ypu can see what has been done, or not done: http://www.geekstogo...er-t216280.html

Hope someone can help me:)

Advertisements

Grandad Phillip

Grandad Phillip

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
removed malware advice

ReallyNeedHelp

ReallyNeedHelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I tried the Removal guide and the other thread diden't help.. I coulden't find any of those folder/files or the things he checked in the hijacklog on my computer..

I could download the SpyHunter, but im trying to find a free solution first..

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

ReallyNeedHelp

ReallyNeedHelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Please notice that my last topic was in "the Malware Forum", and I have already done "all the steps located in the START HERE." And I am "still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert", so I made this thread. As I explained in my first post.

Edited by ReallyNeedHelp, 08 December 2008 - 06:14 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Don't download Spyhunter, it is a rogue anti-spyware program

Don't head back to the malware removal forum either

Your problem is related to one of your Google/Yahoo toolbars. Try disable them and see if it fixes the issue

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Hi again ReallyNeedHelp,

Rorschach112 and I were discussing this off line and had some thoughts. Forgive me as I do not use Live Messenger and not really familiar with it, but does IE need to be open? If so you could try running IE with no Add-ons.

Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

Worth a try...

ReallyNeedHelp

ReallyNeedHelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Your problem is related to one of your Google/Yahoo toolbars. Try disable them and see if it fixes the issue

How do I do this?

IndiGenus, IE don't need to be open when running Live Messenger

ReallyNeedHelp

ReallyNeedHelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
"Your problem is related to one of your Google/Yahoo toolbars. Try disable them and see if it fixes the issue"

How do I do this?

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

"Your problem is related to one of your Google/Yahoo toolbars. Try disable them and see if it fixes the issue"

How do I do this?

You don't have them, so that's not really an issue. Just another thought....and I'm shotgunning here. Are you running the latest version of Live Messenger? Have you tried reinstalling it?