Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Virus Response Lab 2009" Malware Problem

• Please log in to reply

juyun1

juyun1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I opened a link that was sent to me through facebook. When I couldn't view the video link, it asked me to download something so that I would be able to view the video. Now I have a malware virus on my computer.

It's called Virus Response Lab 2009. It has put an icon in my task bar and every few minutes a message pops up that says "Your system might be infected with malicious software that may impact the performance of your computer. Click the icon for a free scan to detect any active spyware applications."

Also my internet browser won't work so I can't access the online virus software to kill it.

I've copied Hijack This and AFT Cleaner and used it. I deleted a couple of files that had AVL in it that I knew were from the malware. But I still can't access the internet and that message is still popping up. What should I do?

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
juyun1, Welcome to Geeks-To-Go. My name is GravityGripp and I'll be assisting you with your
issues.

First, when you post logs here, post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them, unless told to do so. Also, do not alter the font, color, or size of these logs. This will help me, help you.

Also, if I have not responded to you in a time period longer than 4 days, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks and I look forward to working with you. :)

The first thing that I need for you to do is visit this post and follow the directions there before we can proceed. You Must Read This Before Posting

When you've obtained a HiJackThis log, please post it in a reply to this post.