Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan.Zlob.G pop-up Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

monocerotis

monocerotis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, every half hour or so i get a (I'm assuming) fake windows security pop up about the said Trojan (Trojan.Zlob.G) and the only button i can click, takes me to this site to download security software that looked kinda odd to me so i didn't. Mozilla also crashes a whole lot now. what do i do to rid me of this infection?

I tired a few things on my own previous to coming to this forum including doing a msconfig change where i disabled a file named kjzna1562565 in the start up which seemed to stop the pop up after reboot but then I restarted again and that made things worse. I couldn't restart my computer and it seemed restart and shut down in a loop that I couldn't control repeatedly. Finally, I tried to restart in safe mode and go back and undo what I had done. I was using Avant Browser which uses similar files and architecture to what Internet Explorer uses. I tried a few other things that may have made my situation worse.

I have already taken the steps suggested on the "Read This First" before posting. Thank you any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by monocerotis, 10 December 2008 - 02:01 PM.

Advertisements