Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Virus - "You have a security problem!" pop up/Ant

• Please log in to reply

JMR1217

JMR1217

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I need some help removing something on my computer. I started getting a pop up "You have a security problem!", and alert popups ("You have a security problem! Do you want to scan your computer for viruses?") every few minutes on my computer. I downloaded the free trial of Trend Micro and ran a scan. The scan quarantined a Trojan virus, and resolved 47 other items.

The popups are still here, so it did not resolve that issue. I found another post with a link to Malwarebyte download and Trend Micro Hijackthis. I downloaded both items, but don't know what I'm looking for. What can I do? Can someone please help?

Thanks!!!!

Advertisements

shannianni

shannianni

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Hi JMR1217

Welcome to Geeks to Go My name is Shannianni

Before we start I would like you to read and run through the programs that are on this page - Please read.

Then can you please post the required log/s ( listed below ), I am currently in training at the moment so there will be a slight delay in replying as i need some time to fully analyze these, These will need to be checked by an expert prior to me posting my findings to you, so please be patient.

If you cannot perform any of the instructions or you have any questions you would like to ask then please let me know, I dont bite. :)

NEXT

• Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here.
  • It is important that is saved to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

LOGS REQUIRED

RSIT LOG X 2