As last resort you can use the dell restore.
Restore the System Using Norton Ghost
Norton Ghost™ is available on Dell™ Dimension™ and Inspiron™ systems that shipped on
or after Oct. 18, 2005 in the Americas and 18 Feb. 2006 in Europe. If your system
does not have Norton Ghost available, please refer to: "How to Reinstall Microsoft®
Windows®, Drivers, and Software on a Dell™ Computer" Article ID: 295204 for
installation instructions. http://support.dell....p;treeid=295204
1. Verify the modem or network cable is detached from the computer.
2. Start the computer.
3. When the Dell splash screen appears during startup, press <Ctrl> + <F11> and release them at the same time.
Press the key combination only once. If you press them more than once, a keyboard error occurs. Restart the computer and repeat the steps above.
4. Click Accept when the Symantec|Dell Recovery Environment End User License Agreement screen appears. The Symantec Recovery Disk window appears displaying two
* Recover My Computer - Restores your computer to a backup point:
1. Click Recover My Computer.
2. When the Select Recovery Point window appears, click to select the recovery point from which you want to restore, and click Recover My Computer.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.
* Recover My Computer to Original Dell Configuration - Restore your computer to its original Dell configuration:
1. Click Recover My Computer to Original Dell Configuration. The Recover My Computer Wizard window appears.
2. Click Yes and press <Enter>.
3. Click Yes when the Recover My Computer Wizard dialog box appears, and press <Enter>.
The Ghost32 window appears, and the restore process begins, which takes approximately
8 to 10 minutes to complete. When complete, the computer restarts.