Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem changing my ip address

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fewlish

fewlish

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, i got ip banned from a game i play. I use windows xp. And my connection is from a 2wire wireless manager.
First i tried ipconfig/release, and when i do that, i lose my connection to the internet, why?
It also says that Media State.....Media Disconnected How can i change this? Is this related to me losing my connection when i type in ipconfig/release? I know I need to type ipconfig/release followed by ipconfig/renew to change my ip, but the problem is my internet disconnects before i can type in renew.

What should i do?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to GTG:

Sorry, but we do not assist others with trying to bypass bans/restrictions placed on their systems.

You were banned from the site for a reason. Suggest you find something/somewhere else to play.

Murray