Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scans are clean now, but DNS is still hijacked

• Please log in to reply

vheilman

vheilman

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi all,

I need your help.

I had Antivirus Pro 2008(Malware?) install on mysystem without knowing it, and I've since cleaned it up *i think*.
It took a while using several programs, but now all scans seem clean.

I've used AVG2008, smitfraudfix, and Windows Malicious software removal tool, combofix (Wouldn't run), and Malware Bytes Anti-malware(wouldn't run).

It took a while before i could get Hijack this to run, but it finally did, and the files are attached.

My main problem now is that I can hit most sites using a browser, but I can't access a lot of the AV sites like Norton, Mcafee, Geekstogo, and many others.
That's why I'm using a separate machine to post this. I can access microsoft.com, but not downloads.microsoft.com

I forgot to add that in Google searches, if I click on a google search link, then I get run though ad sites, and junk sites and don't end up on my intended page.

Please let me know if i can provide you any other info.

Thanks!

-V

Edited by Essexboy, 13 December 2008 - 02:56 PM.
logs removed

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You need to post your logs in the malware removal forum

Don't attach them as well