Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Buying a new laptop...

• Please log in to reply

JR90

JR90

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm looking to buy a new laptop and I wanted feedback on this particular model:

http://www99.epinion...top_PC_Notebook

I would like to use it for surfing the Web, business applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.), and some gaming. The 4 GB of RAM is very appealing.

How does the processor, memory, and video card rank?

Does anyone have any other model suggestions?

Advertisements

=OSS*ROID=

=OSS*ROID=

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
that laptop actually looks pretty good. The 4GB is very good and it has a lot of storage. The processor is also awesome for a laptop and should make the computer overall very fast. The video card is also decent and should support the things you want to do with the computer. Another computer that is similarly priced is the Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop. The differences are that the processor is 2.1GHz as apposed to 2.0GHz. The RAM is 3GB vs. 4GB. The hard drive is larger, 320GB vs. 250GB, and the video card is better in the Dell. It's also $799 so its $70 dollars more than the HP.