Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random fps drop down on games

• Please log in to reply

poma

poma

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well it happens with many games, old ones, new ones too. It just runs then suddenly starts to slow down for 15 10 secs then normal then down and it wont stop. Guys i tried everything and i have a bast knowledge on repairing computers but this has gone out of my experience. I updated the bios just did nothing! Tried changing the dram timings from auto to manual settings and nothing helped.

My specs

mobo asus p5c-mx 1333
pentium d 2,80 ghz
gfx g-force 8600gt 1gb ddr2
kingston 2gb
2 sata hdds
windows xp sp3

i have to mention i tried different hdd and nothing and also did vista sp1 too nothing, if i must say, windows and its apps works like a charm but what is for games it just sucks, i build myself this rig and it kills that this happens because when it runs normal it runs as it should but then it doesnt and it freaking disturbs me. I read in the forums something about psu being the trouble, that is something i didnt trie. I hope you can guide me. Thanks

Advertisements