Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

For Don77

• Please log in to reply

Bookie625

Bookie625

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I just remembered...

Earlier when posting a BitDefender log you told me that most of the results were things already picked up by Spybot/Ad-Aware/Norton's, etc., and that we could clean them out later if I'd like.

Well if you could provide directions for doing just that, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all your help.

-Bookie625

(I didn't think of this until after that last post and when I went to reply the thread had been locked, sorry!)

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Sorry bookie625,

Open Ad-aware, Click on Open quaratine list, Highlight the auto-quaratine (you may have a few of these, just follow the same procedure) then click delete,

Next,
Open Spybot, Click Recovery, again highlight the quaratined items and click delete,

Nortons, I haven't used it in a long time, but you should have a quaratine list, I m sure you would follow similiar steps as with the others,

Don

Bookie625

Bookie625

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Thanks, I removed all of the quarantine files.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Good job!
you should be all set now,

Good luck and if you need any further help you know where to come

Don