Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't see ANY files on my D drive.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jluke

jluke

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi -

I have a problem & arrived at this website for the first time today searching for a way to recover my data.

In brief, I can see an icon for my "D Drive" which is my slave drive. It had been working very well until yesterday. Now I can only see that it exists as an icon, but I cannot see or open any of the files on it (mostly photos, I'm a photographer).

From what I have read on this site, it *may* be that my partition table is shot. But that's just a possibility. I'd be very thankful for any other possible ways to fix this problem.

For what it's worth, in the Computer Management/Disk Management area of my Control Panel, the D drive is visible and it says "Healthy". I don't know if I should find comfort there, but it's helping me to keep hope alive : )

If any of you reading this have had an experience or know of someone who has totally lost access to their files on one drive - but has not formatted or erased or otherwise harmed their disk, *please* let me know a good next step. There are no bad sounds coming from the disk drive, and I have checked to make sure the connections are good.

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by jluke, 04 May 2005 - 11:31 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Duplicate topic. Continued here: http://www.geekstogo...es_-t22326.html

Topic closed.