Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting an error screen I am not familiar with.

• Please log in to reply

Goodfortitude

Goodfortitude

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Can anyone tell me why this is happening, it's only started recently. During the post screen or sometimes once windows is already loaded, everything "crashes" to a blue screen with this:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

**Stop: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x857B4860, 0x857B49D4, 0x805C749A)"

Advertisements

Old Geezer

Old Geezer

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I'd do two things, run a memory tester
www.memtest.org

and run a hardware diagnostic test from your harddrive maker

I think your drive is dying, but it could be memory....

Goodfortitude

Goodfortitude

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thanks Old Geezer. I, since then, have found and removed some malware. I did also find that I had the power wire loose to the hard drive! Not to mention the main supply wire to the M.B. was also loose! I didn't want to open my case 'cause I didn't want to "void the warranty". But, I had gotten a wire stuck in the case, so it was by chance that I discovered them. :) The guys at the shop are casual though. I don't think they really care if I do open it up. Thanks again.