Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass.exe-application error

• Please log in to reply

fanic

fanic

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello all

this is a new used pc my mother in law sent me from out of state. i set it up and had to leave before i could play with the system. my teenager used the pc (of course) was on her my space and had a bunch of pop up boxes she just x'ed them out with out reading them she states. i know nothing about the components of this p.c. so i have no more information than below.

well my desk top with windows xp. when started, boots up, stops before any windows is seen and a error box appers on a black screen that reads.

lsass.exe-application error

the instruction at "oxoo401082" referenced memory at "oxoooooooo". the memory could not be "written"

click on ok to terminate the program.

click on cancel to debug the program.

i have tried both with the same affect a black screen and the only thing that works is the mouse arrow. any help would be great. thanks gregg

Edited by fanic, 17 December 2008 - 09:05 PM.

Advertisements

fanic

fanic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i figured it out on my own took a week but i got it thanks for the help ....oh ya i didnt get any great site lol

Bucky668

Bucky668

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm dying to know -- what was the problem???

fanic

fanic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i went to many different forums and pieced it together. i f12 at boot up i went to every menu. one of them said start windows in last known configureation or some thing like that. windows finished loading after i clicked that button. then i fought with many pop up windows. i went to avg. virus and down loaded latest. had mcaffee had to uninstall then finished avg. install. avg. found 28 viruses the other found one. found 29 spyware threats mcaffee found 0. found all files related to the 2009 spyware program what i belive is the lsass issue i think and deleted them in regedit (i found them i think on this fourm). i scaned again with avg. all clear but system still has pop up stuff i installed registry fix and that found 600+ errors and ran registry cleaner found 40 or so errors after all scans were done i ran avg. .. spyware crap again i healed or removed them scaned again all clear.. system is running great 5 days.. avg. found a tro. horse. healed it and gone.. system still good today.. thats all i can remmeber so many peps want to know what i did this is the best i can recall i did. good luck gregg

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Wouldn't hurt to visit the Malware Removal forum Greg

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.