Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Please - Computer Hijacked?

• Please log in to reply

pronatureboy

pronatureboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help please, I have picked up a nasty one here. When I start my pc (HP nc2400 running XP Pro) and log in I get a Blue screen with red, yellow and green squares/rectangles (like a wallpaper). ()This screen appeared whilst I was surfing the net and also strange American voices played. There is no taskbar, icons, start, etc. The control manager says blocked by administrator.
If I start in safe mode I get a blank screen with safe mode in each corner, the Windows XP version centre top and nothing else. Stupidly I have not made a recovery disk, although I do have another machine (same make and model HP nc2400 running XP Pro) from which I could make a recovery disk if this would help. I do have the disk with the operating system. I also have a full backup of the affected machine.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Pete.

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Hi there, Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Please go to the Malware Removal Forum and post a log, but be sure to read THIS before posting.