Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WD/ Acer laptop HDD password lost

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

chicken_little

chicken_little

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi,

A customer of mine gave me daughter's her acer travelmate laptop to fix, a school chum? set a bios password and a hdd password. not a school chum anymore.

So, i removed battery, and bios battery, and rebooted, no more bios password, so into bios i go, and the HDD password is 'set', i cannot change or disable it without the password.

I have connected the hdd to my pc via a usb caddy, it is not recognised as a readable drive, nor given a drive letter.

Q1, does hddunlock.com software work?

Q2. If i install a new hdd, will the bios lock it up as per the original?

Any other suggestions?

regards, Dave. ( pc technician)

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I'm sorry, but due to the nature of online support, we're unable to determine if this sort of request is legitimate; therefore, our policy is to never provide help with bypassing passwords.