Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

N Videa 6800 GTO problem with Dell 8400

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bigmanzidane

bigmanzidane

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,
I rebooted my Dell 8400 2 weeks ago after I could not lose a virus.
All works fine except every so often when I start up the screen is a little snowy and hard to read.
When I go to device manager the graphics driver has a yellow circle with a black apostrophe.

I have tried everything, downloading new drivers, uninstalling the old driver and reinstalling the driver with the Dell
resource disc supplied, but when it tries to reinstall the driver I get the blue screen of death!!! I have also been getting
a message saying the driver isn't signed??? What does this mean.

After several tries of this and switching off, after 30 minutes or so and on the 12th time of trying it seems to sort itself.
Then when I don't get the snowy screen the driver installs no problem.

I have contacted NVidea who say it sounds like a GPU problem and I need to return to Dell.

Does anyone else have any ideas what may be causing this?

I have Windows XP and updated the driver to Bios A09.
I am not much of an expert but this is driving me nuts and I am close to buying a new pc.

Many thanks
Iain

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Duplicate

Murray