Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Round of applause for Dsenette

• Please log in to reply

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
This might come off as random, but I happened to notice Dsenette's Microsoft MVP title. I've recently gotten settled into an IT job with an extremely large banking corporation. I've never been responsible for so much. Including the knowledge I have, and the knowledge I need to be able to obtain to do my job effectively. People who share their knowledge make it much, much easier for me to learn and understand.

I troll multiple forums gathering bits and pieces of information and technique. Never have I once stumbled across a Microsoft MVP. I knew they existed, but figured they were mostly seen at conventions and kindof conversing amongst themselves. After noticing Dsenette I decided to do a little research and get some more information. This is something I stumbled across on the Microsoft boards:

Q3: How does Microsoft select its MVPs?

A3: Over 100 million people participate in technical communities but there are only about 3,500 MVPs worldwide. Outstanding technical community members are nominated by their peers, Microsoft employees, and MVPs. Each year a panel of Microsoft employees reviews the contributions of each nominee for quality, quantity, and level of impact on the technical community. Today's MVPs reflect Microsoft's global customer base and the breadth of its technologies.

So firstly, I'd like to take a minute to recognize him and thank him for the knowledge he's imparted. I've never dealt with him in a direct manner, but knowledge imparted by someone of stature will eventually trickle down to me or someone I'm associated with. People who donate their knowledge and time are always deserving of respect, and obviously Dsenette is no exception.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
While he's indeed deserving, he's just one of our MVPs. Wannabe1, admin, ScHwErV, Kat, Metallica, Murray, and Bobbi_Flekman are among our staff members who have that title (my apologies if I missed anyone). We have a talented staff here.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I did leave out quite a few of our trusted helpers - there's too many to list them all, but the above list covers our admins and mods.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
thanks...just noticed this....the MVP award is definitely something i'm proud of...but as sari said...i'm not the only one here! of course, i am only one of a handful of "non-security" MVPs which is a definite advantage here at G2G

I've recently gotten settled into an IT job with an extremely large banking corporation. I've never been responsible for so much. Including the knowledge I have, and the knowledge I need to be able to obtain to do my job effectively. People who share their knowledge make it much, much easier for me to learn and understand.

i was in your same boat about 5 years ago....i got the job i have now right out of school....being THE administrator for a large and growing network...the only way i've survived is by using the knowledge i have to the best of my ability while continuing to learn EVERYTHING i can as i go

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
being a tech here can be intimidating with all of the MVP's here.
It kind of makes you feel insignificant.
Until you start learning from them that is.
Wannabe1 and dsennette have taught me a great deal.
Even if Dsennette did not stop by for Thanksgiving.

lurky

lurky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
:) didn't notice there were so many. I knew I chose this board to troll for a reason :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Even if Dsennette did not stop by for Thanksgiving.

yeah yeah yeah....maybe next time hehe