Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown Spyware on my computer

• Please log in to reply

SSG

SSG

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
This is a last ditch effort to find out how my jealous ex-husband is constantly hacking into my emails. I think that he installed one of those keylogger, screen snap shot programs that emails my information to his email account or something like that onto my laptop. I have tried changng the password every 30 days, to making new email accounts, to creating email accounts that does not have my real name on them. but some how he always manages to find out and confront me with messages that were in my inbox and with some old emails that i know for a fact that were deleted long time ago. (I did not know that once and email is deleted it is still some how accessible on the server (i.e. yahoo, hotmail, etc) the only connection is that I access my emails from my laptop and I figure that there is something on my laptop.

I was finally convinced about two weeks ago (when I first accessed he email from my laptop) , that there i something on my laptop. I was away in school since 5 oct 08 and I took my laptop with me. there was internet connection in the room and I used my laptop all the time to complete assignments out side of the class room. I decided that while in school I would create a new email address to use while i was away; an amail address with none of my information connecting me to the email account. I thought that I was good until I eventually checked that account from my laptop one night. when my ex confronted me with the emal messages, i was stumped as to how he found out, because there should have been no way for him to trace the account to me, so i figure the only way that he could have done this was the fact that he had put something on my computer. Please help me track it down. I hate to have to buy a new laptop, but i will if I have too.

Thanks
SSG

Advertisements