Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Internet Connection Probs - Time Out?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

I'd really appreciate some help! Bare with me though because i'm not oober computerey :)

I've just moved in with my housemate and her comp seems to be having some internet probs - It connects and works fine 95% of the time - but there are some sites it won't load - e.g. Facebook, any internet banking, t*rr*nt searcher sites, and it won't let my AVG update.

It's not the firewall settings, I checked that.

I ran a network diagnostic's scan and it showed everything worked fine accept there was a failure in the Network Adapters section -
"[00000007] NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller FAILED"

I opened this up and the bit that was causing the prob was -

DNSServerSearchOrder (FAILED) (FAILED)
Pinging with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Ping statistics for
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

I'm sorry I cant explain this better! But I would so appreciate some help, this is a real pain in the arse!! :)

If you need me to find out some more info for ya, just yell!

Katie x