Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help setting up wireless internet network/connection

• Please log in to reply

boyfeatures

boyfeatures

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hiya, my current OS for this computer is windows vista and my laptop runs windows XP home edition. I have a usb surfboard modem and a SMC barricade N wireless router. My internet works fine when i have the usb cable from the back of the modem into my computer but when i attatch ethernet cables my internet connection goes off. I'm not entirely sure what i'm doing haha, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

Caffeine_Powered

Caffeine_Powered

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Hiya, my current OS for this computer is windows vista and my laptop runs windows XP home edition. I have a usb surfboard modem and a SMC barricade N wireless router. My internet works fine when i have the usb cable from the back of the modem into my computer but when i attatch ethernet cables my internet connection goes off. I'm not entirely sure what i'm doing haha, any help would be greatly appreciated!

To confirm what you're saying, you have your modem connected to your router but your internet only works through usb from the modem?
Does your internet not work at all through ethernet (from modem or router)?
On both computers?