Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C:\resycled\boot.com is not valid win32 application

• Please log in to reply

barney466

barney466

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Help,

I've been working with Rorschach112 on other issue on other computer. I had this bright idea to run ATF cleaner on my main computer. Afterwards I received the topic message when I tried to click on C drive. It is possible I might have a virus but I also have Norton A/V running continuously on this computer. I also have to set the stage on other uuboos I have done.

Back in August I tried upgrading memory on this computer. I screwed up and did not have correct memory therefore it was not seated completely. Fried the motherboard(MB). I replaced the MB and I think Checkdisk screwed up the recovery drive IF I had one. It did a bunch of reallocations.

My data survived. Potentially until today. I have not done anything since running ATF. I didn't do much after MB failure other than save a few files.

Suggestions?

thanks

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
ATF Cleaner would not have caused any problems. You definitely have malware

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.