Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All RAR'S are Corrupt

• Please log in to reply

tha son

tha son

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Every single RAR I download and attempt to extract is corrupt one way or another.

I've tried numerous extractors, numerous rars to make sure the actual rar wasn't corrupt, I've switched out my old RAM for new ones, and I've tried different download managers.

Nothing.

I wanted to set my system restore back to a time when it did work, but the only available date is TODAY. And there are no options to go back any further. I feel beaten by this. I'm thinking I should actually go to an in-person professional, but I felt you guys might be able to do something about this.

Please help?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Every single RAR I download and attempt to extract is corrupt one way or another.

where are the RARs coming from and what do they contain? sometimes the source is the problem

tha son

tha son

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

where are the RARs coming from and what do they contain? sometimes the source is the problem

Everything from a friends film to applications found across the web. None of it works. I've tried about six+ batches of rar's for different programs and such, none work. I really do wish it was the source's fault though....

*edit*

I might add I'm not the only one with this problem. I've found about four different threads on various sites (one on this one, too) yet all of them end unresolved. It's really bizarre.

Edited by tha son, 22 December 2008 - 03:57 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

applications found across the web

which ones specifically?

tha son

tha son

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

applications found across the web

which ones specifically?

Actually I'll have to apologize and take that back. Applications actually open easily and quickly. I re-downloaded winrar, a rar-repairer and a few others which all turned out fine and dandy.

The problem persists with larger, broken up rar's specifically. Games and movies if you will.