Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What kind of PDA/Cell Phone do you use?

• Please log in to reply

FadeToBright

FadeToBright

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
BlackBerry Curve 8320 via T-Mobile

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i just (as in today) got the HTC TouchPro...this thing is great! plus it's got RDP so i can log on to my servers from the phone

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I was just reading up on your new phone Here and man that thing seems nice... you will have to report back any problems you find, because everything I have been reading seems to be good to go.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so far it's pretty sweet....it's going to take some getting used to...but not much (i'm relatively smart)...

you HAVE to use the TouchFlo3d app (you're not required to...but it's sweet) for navigating the thing....makes it...sort of iphonish without it being a piece of junk.....flip through pictures....slide through menus etc...

for extra apps:

MochaVNC for windows mobile is a must (they've also got an SSH client and an AS/400 client)
gotta get the "advanced configuration tool" (google it)....makes getting into a lot of settings easier..and total commander will let you edit the registry etc...

also "torch button" makes the camera's flash into a flashlight
and you've got to get slidetounlock2 ...makes it much easier to lock/unlock the phone...as well as a host of other fun things..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so far my biggest annoyance is that the D-Pad on the front of the phone kind of sucks....it's kind of hard to make it work right....the one INSIDE on the keyboard works great

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I just ordered the Verizon Wireless XV6900 designed by HTC with TouchFlo and all that…. Its about the nicest phone I could get for free with my upgrade, and I am all about free :)

Posted Image

Here are the Specifications as they are listed on the Verizon site…

The new, all touch Verizon Wireless XV6900 combines all the performance and functionality of Windows Mobile® 6 Professional with high–tech, innovative TouchFLO® Technology on its hi–res touchscreen. Access your favorite and most important applications easily with the Touch Cube. View email and attachments, create and edit documents, filter your inbox, and stay connected – securely – with your office. Take advantage of Bluetooth® Wireless Technology and use your XV6900 as a tethered modem through Mobile Broadband Connect. Optimized for entertainment as well, the XV6900 lets you enjoy music, pictures, videos and more with Windows Media Player® Mobile and a 2.0 MP camera with video capture.
Features
• EV–DO, 1X RTT Capable
• Windows Mobile® 6 Professional
• Microsoft® Office Word Mobile, Excel® Mobile, and PowerPoint® Mobile; Adobe® Reader® LE PDF viewer
• View, edit, create Word and Excel files; view only PowerPoint and PDF files; view, extract, create ZIP files
• Internet Explorer® Mobile
• Windows Media® Player 10
• Memory: 128MB RAM/256MB ROM
• Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (v2.0)
• 2.8" Display: 240x320 pixel; 64K color TFT
• TouchFLO® technology allows finger and stylus input
• 5–way ENTER/NAVIGATION button
• Virtual, all–touch QWERTY keyboard with additional input options
• 2.0 megapixel camera with auto–focus, zoom and video capture
• microSD™ memory support (up to 8GB)
• Voice command capable
• Speakerphone
• Security locking features
• Text, Picture and Video messaging (MMS)
• Wireless Sync capable
• ActiveSync® (v4.5) and Windows Mobile Device Center®
• Mobile Broadband Connect capable

Specifications
• Dimensions: 3.98" (H) x 2.35" (W) x 0.56" (D)
• Weight: 3.95 ounces
• Processor: MSM7500
• Standard Battery 1100 mAh Li–Ion: Usage Time: Up to 210 minutes OR Standby Time: Up to 250 hours
• Extended Battery 1880 mAh: Usage Time: Up to 360 minutes OR Standby Time: Up to 427 hours
• TTY enabled for the hearing impaired
• Hearing Aid Compatibility =M3 SAR Information: 1.250 W/kg at ear; 0.457 W/kg on body

its got to be better then the old razor that I am using now, I should get it in about two days :)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
just got it today.... pretty nice so far, but I need a cell phone tech to come over and show me how to use it :)

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

you HAVE to use the TouchFlo3d app (you're not required to...but it's sweet) for navigating the thing....makes it...sort of iphonish without it being a piece of junk.....flip through pictures....slide through menus etc...

I'm currently using Wisbar Advance Desktop on mine (No TF3D for me), there's quite a few nice themes in their forum and found the one I like. The front or home screen is pretty empty so I can see my wallpaper, time, date and battery level. There's a text message, calendar and temperature pages that are easy to navigate to as well. I really like this theme because I only really look at the time, battery, text message and temperature so this cleans up the interface.

I'm also using QuickMenu which expands the Start Menu (just like in XP), easier to navigate to my programs without having to open a new window.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Hey Bhowett, you need to flash a new rom on that and get TouchFlo2d. It's the 2D version of Touchflo3D, it works MUCH better than the stock Touchflo.