Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer keeps freezing

• Please log in to reply

Barbara859

Barbara859

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My computer keeps freezing. I cannot shut down or restart unless I press the On/Off button. I try Cntrl Alt Del and that does not work. The problem seems to be worse when I am online, however it has occurred while I was using MS Word. I used Spypot, Norton and ATF cleaner and also defragmented. Any ideas?

Advertisements

zv5000

zv5000

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Did you try a memory test there are several free ones on the net. You may have bad ram.

Barbara859

Barbara859

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Did you try a memory test there are several free ones on the net. You may have bad ram.

I tried a memory test, and everything passed.

The test said:

Total Physical Memory: 490932KB
Free Physical Memory: 310548KB
Total Pagefile: 759340KB
Free Pagefile: 450028KB
Total Virtual Memory Space: 2097024KB
Free Virtual Memory Space: 2012924KB

Barbara859

Barbara859

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I checked the memory and everything seemed fine. I ended up buying a new mouse. I have not had any problems since I connect the new mouse. I am crossing my fingers though...but it did seem to fix it.

zv5000

zv5000

• Pip
  • 3 posts
sometimes its the things we dont expect you know where to come if you have more issues

Barbara859

Barbara859

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for your suggestions. I've used this site several times and it is always very helpful....it's a great resource.