Edited by compnovice, 05 May 2005 - 08:26 AM.
Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:23 AM
Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:27 PM
Case Study - Can ping Yahoo.com but not browse using sbc DSL
Situation: The client brought a XP computer for troubleshooting spyware issue. After removed all spyware, the computer can access the Internet from our office. However, the client can't access the internet at home.
Ipconfig /all displays the computer has correct TCP/IP settings, default gateway and DNS. We can ping yahoo.com. The IE is blank without any error. All Power, Ethernet, DSL and Internet lights are green on the modem. and the Activity is linking once for a wile.
What we tried:
1. Unplugged and re-plugged all cables. That didn't fix the problem.
2. Asked the client to logon. He could not.
3. Logged on modem management by using IP 192.168.0.1. It displayed the User ID is scb yahoo regular user ID firstname.lastname@example.org). Click Disconnection on the top and then click Connection. It asks the user ID and password. After the client logged on, it displayed the User ID. The client was able to access the Internet.
How to troubleshoot the Internet Access issues
What is svchost.exe?
How to restrict Internet access
Troubleshooting Winsock2 Issue
Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:57 PM
here are some tips that i got when i called dlink,it might help; it might not
1. do not run the wizard. go to wan
2. click on ppope
3. since it is sbc make sure this ,Dynamic PPPoE, is filled in.
4. input your sbc name and pass
5. go to status and click connect.
6. enjoy the web
ps rememeber this is on a dlink router. look for something similar on your router
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users