Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New hardware found popup

• Please log in to reply

roadrunnerray

roadrunnerray

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi All, I am running Windows Pro XP SP3. Every time I start the computer the "New Hardware Found" window pops up. I have tried fooling it by going through the Wizard and selecting a driver then canceling but it still keeps popping up. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated..............Ray

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

I'm guessing you didn't install any new hardware. :)

Go to Start> run... type in devmgmt.msc, click OK ... this will launch Device manager. Do you see any yellow or red marks showing up. If so, please list them here.

Edited by makai, 23 December 2008 - 12:21 PM.

roadrunnerray

roadrunnerray

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello,

I'm guessing you didn't install any new hardware. :)

Go to Start> run... type in devmgmt.msc, click OK ... this will launch Device manager. Do you see any yellow or red marks showing up. If so, please list them here.

Morning Makai, many thanks for responding. Yes, I have yellow question marks for "Other Devices" -> "Video Controller" & "Video Controller VGA"..........................Ray

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts
You are missing some device drivers as suspected.
We are going to need the make and model of the computer. Is it a dell, HP, emachines, home built.
We are looking to find the the drivers for the main board.

roadrunnerray

roadrunnerray

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

You are missing some device drivers as suspected.
We are going to need the make and model of the computer. Is it a dell, HP, emachines, home built.
We are looking to find the the drivers for the main board.

Many thanks for responding. I have located the original driver disk for my Toshiba laptop and will try to reinstall the video drivers. I had a problem with the video display and have been using the auxiliary port to run a second monitor. I will let you know if I can install this driver...............Ray