Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crazy rootkit/trojan/ something

• Please log in to reply

lorothrigs

lorothrigs

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I am the go-to guy for all my friends and their computer problems and I, up till now, have been able to solve every problem thrown at me. Recently, my friend gave me his computer and when I booted it up was loaded down with all kinds of spyware and viruses. I was able to get rid of most of them but there is one or two that is giving me some trouble.

I am unable to run that Anti Malware program I keep reading about on google. I was unable to use HiJack This but I outsmarted the virus and got it to run.

Anyways, I am hopeful that someone here will be able to help me.

Thank you for any help

-lorothrigs

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This is not the place to post HJT logs. I suggest you read the rules and sticky threads

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you do make a topic, please tell them you have the TDSS rootkit.