Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VM XP audio playback, record and MIDI device

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Hi everyone,

I am actually running Ubuntu linux at the moment but I am running XP as a virtual machine over top of my linux system, In order to run the program that I am trying to run I need to enable the sound playback device (greyed out) the sound recorder device (also greyed out) and the MIDI device (grey too)... I am running it in Virtualbox and i have been searching and searching for ways to get the drivers or whatever else i need. sadly my research has yeilded nothing so now i am here... I got it working on my vista machine using M$ virtual PC (im still a windows guy in part lol) but i would love to have it working on both OS if at all possible (I am dual booted).

Thanks so much in advance everyone!

EDIT: oh... also in my vpc version i have sound blaster 16 for both output and mic and MS Wavetable synth for the MIDI and i cant find a way to get any of the drivers

Edited by 11010110, 26 December 2008 - 03:37 AM.

Advertisements

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
bump...

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
bump......

anyone??