Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stuck at log in screen while using combofix

• Please log in to reply

mooose

mooose

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I encountered a previous problem on my computer detailed in this thread:

http://www.geekstogo...ul-t222133.html

Now I can't get out of the log in screen on my computer.

As noted in the thread, I have an ERUNT backup.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
This manual: http://pcug.org.au/b...ERUNT/ERUNT.htm explains different options to use Erunt backup.

mooose

mooose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
This is more annoying than my first problem.

I guess I'm forced to make a BartPE CD, I think I figured it out, only problem is I need another XP comp (I'm on Vista right now).

Can I make a BartPE CD with this Vista comp if I put XP on it as well?

I'll just follow these instructions, wait for a reply, then go about making a BartPE CD on this comp assuming I can.

**Edit: On second thought, I'll wait and see if I can use another XP comp in the house. Sorry for posting but I'm eager to help fix my little brother's computer.**

Edited by mooose, 28 December 2008 - 04:38 PM.

mooose

mooose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey, I'm back...

So I decided to reformat the computer (funny how I ended up here but it was long overdue anyway) and wanted to know if the computer is ready to go.

My noobie questions:

-When I go to device manager none of the drivers have that yellow exclamation point on them so does that mean I'm set in terms of updating all my drivers? I updated the following in order: system software, chipset, video, audio, network. I think I did this right, but I don't really know.

-I reformatted with a OEM SP1 CD from another comp (managed to stop that 30-day activation thing with a crack), should I begin updating to SP2? (I believe not updating was the reason I got in this mess :) )

-Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Thanks in advance.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I reformatted with a OEM SP1 CD from another comp (managed to stop that 30-day activation thing with a crack

We can't advice here with illegal Windows installations.