Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Difficulty Working with User Accounts

• Please log in to reply

kellyannkellyann

kellyannkellyann

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Currently I have four accounts set up on my pc. One for myself which is set up as an administrator account which should allow me to make any and all changes as needed on my pc. I then have limited accounts set up for my husband and two children. I want to delete the three limited accounts but, for some reason can not. I tried going to control panel/user accounts and deleting them from there but, received an error message stating that the system was not responding. This happens regardless of wether or not I choose to save or delete the user files. After failed attempts I then tried going to system properties/advanced/user profiles and tried deleting them from there but, again I tried several times and each time the system stopped responding which prevented me from deleting them. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what I can do to work around it?

Thanks!
A very frustrated mom!

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

<snip>... received an error message stating that the system was not responding.

This might just mean windows is taking it's sweet time.

If the profile you're deleting has a lot of junk, huge temporary trash, large registry, windows may take a while to delete the files. Try deleting the account and just let the computer be... even if you see a "not responding" message. Windows is never as quick as we want it to be.

Good luck!