Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software Distribution Service 3.0

• Please log in to reply

Ahmedpie

Ahmedpie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have had this problem for about a week or so, it seems UserFaultCheck always pops up every time i start my computer same with DEP (Data Execution Preventation) which prevents Generic Host Process for Win32 Services.

After a short amount of time (5 mins or so) the display of my systems goes from XP to Classic View and then i guess UserFaultCheck fixed that and got it back to XP view but after this happens my operating systems can't get acess to hardware and such. For example if I go to Accerssories -> Volume Control a message will pop up saying 'There are no active mixers available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel... etc'

I have done a system restore before which managed to fix the problem in sort of a 'glitchy' way. But after 2 days or so the problem just comes back. But i did have a look in the log files and saw that this program called "Software Distribution Service 3.0' was installed on my computer. I reaserched it and it seems harmless because i got it from the XP update, the problem is i think this is why my computer has been acting strange recently.

EDIT: whenever i start or restart my computer everything seems to be working.... for 5 minutes

can anyone please help out with this problem?

Edited by Ahmedpie, 26 December 2008 - 11:11 PM.

Advertisements