Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with the instalation of COD2

• Please log in to reply

badzo5

badzo5

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all there, .....the topic title......i put my cd in and start the game installshield wiz to install,the i click next on the first window that shows up. I think that u get a winow with the cd key after the first one-NVM...when i click next this window shows up saying: error creating dialog: CDkey check. And then the installshield just closes, closes the proces, if u know what i mean. Remember that this is the same cd that i installed the game 6 months ago.
Could someone please help me as soon as possible!

THANX!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
The most common cause of this problem is not entering the Key Code exactly as it appears on the back of the manual. Try re-entering the Key exactly as it appears on the manual. Note that this is not case sensitive – it will always input in CAPS.

Your CD drive may be trying to Autoplay the splash screen of the remaining disks. Call of Duty 2's installer has a way of knowing if the game, another Call of Duty 2 splash screen, or an instance of the installer is running; when it detects one of those is running, the Call of Duty 2 installer attempts to suppress the autoplay splash screen from running. You can solve this by pressing the <LEFT-SHIFT> key when inserting the other discs during the install. This will tell Windows not to play the splash screen and may solve your problem.

All background applications must be shutdown prior to running the game.

Set your desktop to a resolution of 800x600, 32 bit True Color.
1) Right-click on your desktop and select Properties.
2) Click the Settings tab.
3) Set your screen area to 800x600.
4) Set the colors to 32 Bit (True Color). Under Windows NT this will be listed as 65554 colors.
5) Click Apply and OK.

For Windows XP
1) Right-click on your desktop and select Properties.
2) Click the Settings tab.
3) Set your screen area to 800x600.
4) Set the colors to Highest (32 bit).
5) Click Apply and OK.

For Windows Vista
1) Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
2) Click on Display Settings
3) Set the resolution slider to 800X600
4) Set the colors to Highest (32 bit).
5) Click Apply and OK.

Delete all files in the Windows/Temp directory.

If you have multiple drives capable of reading the disc then try installing from your other drive(s)

NOTE: The following is unsupported by Activision. We have found the following to help the game install.

Download Nero DriveSpeed from here. This freeware utility from Nero will allow you to slow your drive speed down, in increments, all the way to 2X. Try setting it to 8X. Some users may have to choose other settings to get optimal results. Your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM must be ATAPI/IDE. SCSI is not supported.

If you receive an ASPI related error message when running Nero DriveSpeed, you may have to update your ASPI layer.
Instructions to check and update your ASPI layer

NOTE: The following is unsupported by Activision.

Set your CD-ROM drive or IDE channels for the CD-ROM to run in PIO mode 1 or a lower setting then it currently is at through BIOS. The exact steps for doing this may differ from motherboard to motherboard. You will need to check with your hardware or system manufacturer for more information on this topic.

Zone Alarm has also been known cause some issues with the installer. If you currently have Zone Alarm installed it is recommended that you uninstall the program, install the game and then you can re-install Zone Alarm on your system.

Windows Defender and Microsoft Office 2007 have been known to cause errors with the installer. These include errors referencing "msvcr80.dll" and "mpShHook.dll." If you currently have either program installed, it is recommended that you uninstall the program, install the game and then you can re-install Windows Defender and/or Microsoft Office 2007 on your system. If you do not want to uninstall these programs you can try installing or re-installing Microsoft .Net 2.0. You can get it here. Installing .Net 2.0 has been known to fix this issue without having to uninstall Microsoft Office or Defender.

If the game previously worked then it's more than likely that you have a damaged CD/DVD. You can contact us via phone or through the web to arrange for a replacement.