Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pulled RAM blew out dust now Computer will not come up

• Please log in to reply

Buzzsaw

Buzzsaw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running Windows XP Professional pulled ram to clean now it wont boot up all the way it gets to checking file system on c checks disk then locks up also have tried skipping locks up right away

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

I am running Windows XP Professional pulled ram to clean now it wont boot up all the way it gets to checking file system on c checks disk then locks up also have tried skipping locks up right away

Frrst thing I would do is unplug and replug every single connection in the computer (one at a time). There is a good chance you blew something loose, it happens. :) Try that first, if that doesn't work then we will start on other things.

EDIT: Brain running faster than fingers.

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 27 December 2008 - 10:36 AM.

Buzzsaw

Buzzsaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have done what you suggested and still will not come up. Boots up then says it wants to scan disk, when I let it go thru scan disk it gets done and stays on the screen that says done. If I use any key or combination of keys the computer locks up. Have to shut off with power button. If I try to skip scan disk it locks up right away. There is two sticks of RAM, I pulled both out at the same time, put them back in but not sure they went back in same slot they came out of. I also have pulled the battery waited and reinserted, restarted, same thing happens, this did not help either.