Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pink taking over my moniter

• Please log in to reply

portland

portland

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey Guys

I'm looking for some help with my monitor

I have attached a pic of the lovely Kelly Brook as a sample of how my monitor is acting up

I have checked the cable & Pins and it/they seem fine

Any ideas

Attached Thumbnails

• kelly_brook_picture_2.jpg

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I don't see any pink...

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I do not see any pink either so is this a screen shot of your actual monitor? Doesn't look like it as I see no standard desktop with the image displayed in a graphics editor or as a background image. Me thinks you just like Kelly and wanted to post the image. :)

If not, I would clean all the pins of the video cable on both ends including the connectors on the monitor and computer. You also could either update your video card's driver or go to Desktop, right-click, choose Properties and go to the tab which allows you to set up your color for the monitor. Some have an advanced button where you can set individual colors and make other adjustment. Many monitors have their own menu adjustments, too.

If the color comes and goes, then it may be an internal monitor problem, but you could swap the cable and/or monitor with another computer. I think once video cards have a problem, they tend to be permanent unless they are heat related.

portland

portland

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys

Thanks for the advice

I have taken a screenshot (which I should have done in the 1st place) as this will give you an idea of the problem

I have cleaned the pins and connectors on the cable/monitor & cpu but no luck so far.

I am currently searching for an upgrade for the ATI Radeon Xpress Series 200 Driver, hopefully this will fix the problem

Attached Thumbnails

• phpIbhxQhAM.jpg

Edited by portland, 02 January 2009 - 10:18 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
OK. I see some pinkish tint in there, but your monitor's menu should allow you to adjust the settings for the RGB colors to set the skin tone correctly. But you need to make sure what you use as a reference is correct.