Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard replacement fail--please help

• Please log in to reply

Oraia

Oraia

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Upgrading from a D955xbk MB (working at that point) to an ASUS M3N78 PRO with a AMD 9850 Blk Ed. processor.

Anyway I plugged everything into my new motherboard ... 95% sure its correctly setup all that stuffs...

So i proceed to run my computer...I get a disk error telling me to insert a system disk.
I tried putting in the disk that I received with my motherboard...which gave me some options for making some kinda disks or opening dos prompt...Didn't know what to do there so gave up...
Then I figured I'd try reformatting(I'd done this many times before) but now i get an error saying the New Raw partition is not Windows XP compatible

I was hoping that would be my current problem, but I decided to try reformatting with only one HDD connected ...I tried to turn on my comp....I hear it running and my screen stays black....

Any help at all would be Greatly Appreciated.

EDIT: WOO...uh I tried resetting CMOS with teh jumper pins...no change..i turned the power off completely and back on...now its running again...and for whatever reason I'm able to start formatting XP

I suppose it should work now...will post if I got other problems

EDIT2:
Got things set up...so got the MB and cpu said above and a Geforce 9400GT...getting 13FPS on World of Warcraft...using the drivers provided by the CD's that came with this hardware...any ideas why its so terrible?

Edited by Oraia, 27 December 2008 - 08:20 PM.

Advertisements