Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Powerline Ethernet Adaptor/ Xbox 360 Help

• Please log in to reply

Mike_B123

Mike_B123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok here's my dilemma. This Christmas I got 2 Netgear HDX101 Power line Ethernet Adapters. I have a wired computer on the second floor that is wired to a router which is wired to a modem. One adaptor is near the computer and plugged into the router and the other is in my basement connected to my xbox 360. It takes really long to sign in to Xbox Live on occasion and when someone uses the internet on our computer, I cannot even get into a multiplayer game. It works ok when the computer is not in use, but this can't happen. Is there any way I can "boost" the connection or make it better? I heard of another possibility of getting multiple modems or routers to make the 360 have its own network. Does anyone know about this? Thanks!

Advertisements

rtrice81

rtrice81

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am using the samething in my house, and to my knowledge there is no way to boost the signal.

Also most internet companies will want to charge you the same monthly charge for an additional connection, for another modem they don't look at is an add on.

I know this is true for comcast, cox, and a few others

-Richie