Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot access internet with any web browser.

• Please log in to reply

Raivo1301

Raivo1301

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I cannot access internet, although there is internet in my computer. For example MSN and azureus are working fine. I contacted my internet provider and they said that it is all ok. I disabled windows firewall, but still nothing. Im using LAN connection and windows xp. Could anyone tell me what could be the problem?

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
When you say you can access MSN, do you mean you can get MSN in your browser? What browser are you using? Did you try doing a repair of your connection? Go to control panel, network connections and right-click on the computer connection you are using. Choose repair. See if that works.
Or you can try and unplugging your modem for 10 minutes and plugging it back in. It may be your modem.

Raivo1301

Raivo1301

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I ment windows live messenger works fine. I have unpluggeed the cables and hav repaired the connection, but still can access in normal mode. In mozilla it says that the connection was reset. I can access web on safe mode with networking. What should i do?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Have you tried to turn off the modem? Don't unplug the cables. Turn off the modem.

If that doesn't work, do you remember when it stopped working? If it's within the alst week, you can restore the computer to when it was working, when you had a connection.

See here

Ken61

Ken61

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having this same issue. What's interesting is that I can ping URL's OK.

Brandon J

Brandon J

• Pip
  • 1 posts
What anti virus are you using? Is it AVG buy chance?