Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying Window

• Please log in to reply

ynot63

ynot63

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Gidday, I purchased my laptop back in August 2008, ASUS Pro50nseries Notebook!! Now when I start up, laptop goes through its start up process,& then that Black window box appears, for about 5 seconds & disappears, this happens every start up!! With the wording ( c/windows/AsscrProlog.exe ) Now I'm only a novice at this, have basic understanding, of computers!! Now When I purchased Laptop, I was sold also Trend Micro PC-2008. Now someone has told me this is a Virus, but after searching & reading a few forums, this may have something too do with Asus Programs that have been pre- installed??? Now, Im just a novice starting at this, if any one can give me a step by step guide of what too do, to rid me of this annoying window, would be Greatly Appreciated!! Also there are pre- installed programs installed when I brought this laptop, can someone tell me whats Useless, & what too delete??? Please Find a copy of my scanned log attached... CHEERS.... ynot63.....Attached File  hijack_this_scan_log.txt   11.74KB   85 downloads

Edited by ynot63, 30 December 2008 - 08:00 AM.

Advertisements