Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help please my XP is AFU

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sleepyjim

sleepyjim

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I have XP Pro SP3. All of a sudden I lost all icons and folders on desktop except Recycle and My Comp. I lost all programs and folders in Start (All Programs). I can go to C drive and see all my programs there....

I went to my desktop folder and it is empty. I have explorer.exe running in task mgr.

Firefox and otehr programs are acting like a new install, I stopped all installs except firefox.

I am lost, pissed stupid and want to cry........LOL can some one help please?

thanks,

SJ

Advertisements

sleepyjim

sleepyjim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
8 views no ideas?

sleepyjim

sleepyjim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
[attachment=25871:HiJackThis_log.txt]

skyhintack

skyhintack

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Hi sleepyjim.

Because of the chance for error, only authorized people are allowed to help with malware issues and HijackThis logs. If you believe you have an infection, please read this topic found HERE and follow all the steps. If that doesn't solve your issue(s), then proceed to the Malware Forum.

8 views no ideas?

As you know, Geeks to Go is a very large forum and we have a lot of posts to handle. We're all volunteers and we do have other things that need to be done first. It's only been 3 1/2 hours or so since your first post. If you haven't received a reply to your topic in 3 days, then you can post in the Waiting Room.

Thank you,
Sky

Edited by skyhintack, 30 December 2008 - 01:29 PM.

sleepyjim

sleepyjim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Your right of course, I am just losing my mind...LOL I seen the views is all......

I will do the 2 things you suggsted,

Thanks

Jim