Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft outlook express 6

• Please log in to reply

mamichelle

mamichelle

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi, I have microsoft xp and with it came outlook express 6. When I try and send a message, it does not work just sends it to another file. When I try to send it from there, I get the error message 0x800ccfo. What does this mean and how do I correct it, thank you in advance,
michelle :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

it does not work just sends it to another file.  When I try to send it from there, I get the error message 0x800ccfo.

View Post

I don't know what send it to another file means......

It probably does not matter....First, do you have any absolutely critical emails you need to save?

mamichelle

mamichelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
When I type an e-mail it is sent to my outbox, when I try to send it from there, I receive the error message 0x800cccfo

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
and....

I don't know what send it to another file means......

....First, do you have any absolutely critical emails you need to save?

View Post

mamichelle

mamichelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I don't have critical e-mails to send, I would just like to use this outlook express, what does the error message 0x800cccfo mean?????

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

you need to save?

View Post

Save.... not send.

I want to KNOW if there are any emails that you have received that are important to you, that you do not want to lose.

You error MIGHT mean that your message store is corrupt...I am pretty certain of it.

If you have old emails you want to SAVE I need to tell you how to do that or what I am going to tell you to do will result in them being DELETED

If you don't care, we can do this more simply, but I don't want you coming back and screaming you're sister's baby pictures were deleted (or whatever.)

Please answer the question.

mamichelle

mamichelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sorry, I do not have any e-mails to SAVE, I have not used outlook express because the first time I tried to send an e-mail, instead of sending it, it was sent to my outbox, when I went to my outbox and tried to send, I receive that error message.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Thank you.

With outlook closed

Start > search
select ALL FILES and FOLDERS
click
MORE ADVANCED OPTIONS
check
SEARCH SYSTEM FOLDERS
SEARCH HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS
SEARCH SUBFOLDERS

in the top box, type

*.dbx

hit enter.....

wait

eventually, it will find several of these files that will be located in a subdirectory of your profile. Select them all and delete them.

Restart outlook. try to send an email

mamichelle

mamichelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank you for your help, but now when I start outlook express, it says:

The service is currently unavailable. Try again later, Account 'Hotmail', server: http://services.msn....otmail/http.asp Protocol HTTP mail server reponse, service unavailable,error message 0x800cccfo

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Do you have a hotmail account? And is it a hotmail extra account you pay for? Hotmail does not support outlook express access unless you're a paying customer...(although if you've had an account for a while, I think it may still)

mamichelle

mamichelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have an e-mail account from hotmail, but I do not pay for it. I also have an account with yahoo. What is an incoming POP3, IMAP or HTTP server. Also what is an outgoing mail SMTP server????

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
in outlook, choose TOOLS > ACCOUNTS, go to the MAIL tab...what's in there?