Windows98 stuck in safe mode
Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:07 AM
Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:49 PM
Welcome to G2G.
Lets try a quick and esay to start with.
1. Start your computer, press and hold CTRL, and then choose Safe Mode Command Prompt Only from the Windows 98 Startup menu.
2. At the MS-DOS prompt, type cd\windows\command, and then press ENTER. Where windows is the name of the folder in which Windows is installed.
3. At the C: prompt, type scanreg /restore, and then press ENTER.
4. Select the previous registry you want to restore, and then press ENTER.NOTE: A properly working registry has the word "Started" next to the date.
5. When you receive notification that you restored a properly working registry, press ENTER to restart your computer.
Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:46 PM
Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:28 PM
Lets try this
right click on my computer left click on properties left click on device manager.
Are there any devices with a yellow or red mark next to them. If not then click on the + sign next to the items
are there any devices with a duplicate.
If yes post back.
ONLY If the above is all ok then
Right click on my compter left click on explore Left click on view left click on folder options left click on view.
Click on show all files and untick Hide file extensions for known file types. click ok. Close Explorer
Click on start> Find > Files or folders make sure there is a tick next to include sub folders.
Next to named typein Wnbootng.sts. Click on search.
If this file is found then delete it.
Only do this if the above does not show any errors or duplicates..
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users