Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone know how to use restore disks for windows xp media?

• Please log in to reply

help??

help??

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im trying to restore my computer. Its a windows xp media edition. I dont have the stats or anything elce because its all messed up with a virus. It still boots and it can run programs. But im geting a bit off topic. When i first got my computer i created a set of recovery disks. When i put the first one in it game me a ton of folders and things i just dont understand. So can someone help me?

(im kinda paniced about this)

Edit: Im not sure if i made what im trying to do clear. I want to restore my computer to the way it was when it came out of the box. The last computer guy said i should use the restore disks i made. But when i put them in all i got was a bunch of odd files i dont understand.

Edit2: Also i should note im on my good computer right now. The internet on it does not work. So im on a old compac. I would have to switch computers to beable to try anything.

Edited by help??, 31 December 2008 - 02:58 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What's the brand, and model of your bad computer?