Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stuck(?) Pixel on Viewsonic VX2835wm monitor

• Please log in to reply

Kyomi

Kyomi

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Just got this monitor as a xmas gift with my new pc and noticed there was a very small bright neon green pixel a bit above center on the viewing area.

I've tried alot of suggestions from googling:

1. rubbing it while the monitor was off and then turning it on
2. applications that claim to fix it (UDpixel, jscreenfix)
3. using a damp cloth to rub it
4. tapping the pixel and around it

Nothing seems to work but, I did notice that when I have a completely black image over the pixel it'll get alot dimmer and start flickering lightly from black to the neon green.
It seems to want to fix itself but just can't seem to get there. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks :)

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Some monitors have pixel defects and many of the manufacturer's warranties will take care of replacing the monitor. Except when they have a clause that there must be eight pixels or more defective. If the monitor is still within the store's return period, take it back for a new monitor. If not returnable to the store, check the warranty as set by the manufacturer for replacing/repairing the defect. I doubt if they will do anything about one pixel which is why it is important to take advantage of the store's return policy.

Long term dis-satification may have to be dealt with through the usual channels, but you have to be persistent and serious. PCWorld magazine has an "On Your Side" department which might be able to help you if it comes down to not getting the monitor replaced/repaired.

Been there, done that. :)

Kyomi

Kyomi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I can't take it back to a store because it was custom ordered with my new pc as an xmas present from www.cyberpowerpc.com.
This is the first time I have every had any slight problem with them, I should be able to give them a call for replacement or something,
I just don't wanna be without this monitor for like 2 weeks+ :)

I've just ran a pixel fixing program for about 6-7 hours and no result :/

It's actually not that bad of a problem, I can't even see it now while I'm typing... just in my games I see it sometimes.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I would not worry about it for 1 pixel. As said above you probably won't even get a new one. What happens if you did happen to get a new one lets say and the next one had 2-3 dead pixels. IMO just keep it. I hate waiting anyway lol.