Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

do i have a virus ? can't run mbam

• Please log in to reply

come back laptop

come back laptop

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello i hope i have posted in the right place.

my laptop flashed up a dectection screen with red croses on. i shut down straight away and when i restarted the pc was slow and just had a black screen. i can still access 80 per cent of the time although on start up it says something about a RAW file on a blue screen that disappears quick. i can access the internet and google will appear i can access hotmail but if i google geeks to go it brings up results on a search page but if i click the url it loads a blank page with done at the bottom.

i had avg 7.5 loaded when it happened, although it was updated i upgraded to the paid full version 8 and installed that and scannned with no virus found although it did tell me that it could not scan the BOOT SECTION.

i have followed the instructions on the tutorials and run v cleaner and followed all the instructions until i got to MBAM . i had to rename the file and it loaded and places a shortcut on the desktop but when i try to run it nothing happens , i have tried it from the shortcut and main menu.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved :)

Advertisements