Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Sound

• Please log in to reply

MetaStick

MetaStick

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok my mic is picking up things it shouldn't, and i have no clue why, so i'm listening to some music on playlist, and my friends can hear it, at first i think my volume is too high, but my mic is picking it up for some reason. So whatever i hear, it's being put out through my mic basically. Not just playlist, i actually think it's all flash sources that are doing it.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
With all due respect, this post makes little sense. What is your mic picking up that it shouldn't be?
Are you getting feedback? Feedback in your situation is typically caused when you put the microphone too close to the speakers and you get a horrible howling noise.
How do you mean "flash sources"? What's a flash source please?

MetaStick

MetaStick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok i'll try to explain exactly, thanks for replying and letting me know it didn't make too much sense.

Ok it's on anything that uses a mic (ventrilo, skype, teamspeak, etc.). For example where i first had it happen, was on skype. When i was sitting there talking to my friends i started playing a song from this site called playlist.com in one of the popup players. They heard it, so i turned down my volume on my headset to see if it stopped them from hearing it, because i thought my mic was picking it up through my headphones. The music was still heard even when the volume was down, so it wasnt picking it up via the sound from headphones being too loud. Also i muted my microphone, by using the physical button on the microphone itself, and they still heard it. So the music from the playlist player was being heard by them as long as i had a microphone plugged in. Also the same for "some" flash things, like on newgrounds.com, i have no clue why it's only some, and not all.

Edited by MetaStick, 03 January 2009 - 10:20 PM.