Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accidentally Deleted Sound and Can't Get It Back

• Please log in to reply

M!(H@31

M!(H@31

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was trying to do a deep clean of our computer so our main hard drive wouldn't collapse in on itself. Anyways, I uninstalled something called SoundMax at one point. But now there is no sound at all on our computer. When I got to the control panel, under audio devices it says there is none at all.

I deleted a lot of stuff today so I'm not sure if the SoundMax was it, but it sounds like it would be. I looked up SoundMax on GoodSearch and tried to download two but they won't install for different reasons.

Any ideas? :) Thanks!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Go to the website of the people who made the computer. You'll find the sound driver for your computer on there.