Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 isnt working. Please help!

• Please log in to reply

Jadester

Jadester

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright, I have recently gotten Call of Duty 2, and I installled it. The first time I installed it, i would click to open it and nothing the screen would come up and then freeze. I then re-installed it and changed the settings under compatibility to Windows 2003, and ran it as an Admin and it worked fine. After completing the Russian and British campain, i tried to play it again, but it changed the graphics on my computer to Windows Vista Basic, which is a really grainy of thing. It allows me to open the game, and the game makers advertisments pop up. When the screen gets to Infinity Ward, the screen goes black, but the music still playes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Jade

Advertisements

Pvt. Riches

Pvt. Riches

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Although I don't run Vista, it sounds more like a video card/driver problem. If you are getting sound, but your screen is blank, the game is running, but by the sounds of it, the 3D rendering isn't working. I would try checking to see if your video drivers are up-to-date. If that doesn't work, maybe go to the Call of Duty 2 / Activision website and look up the FAQ's on your issue. I find that helps the best.

Jadester

Jadester

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, well i got it up and running.....once. After about 30 minutes of fiddling i got it but now i cant get it at all. Does that say anything that might help diognose the problem?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
First, reset your graphics back to the way they were originally.

When you go to run the game, right click on the shortcut/ program and select "run as administrator".

If that doesn't work, then try disabling uac

Next, if that doesn't work. Please be very specif with the description of your issue. Did you get any error messages?