Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Oblivion (PC) Plugin Problem

• Please log in to reply

454Rocker

454Rocker

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hiya,
I have had this plugin installed already and it was working fine. Now I have reformatted recently and I cant install the plugin. The installation file hangs and then doesnt respond when I try to install. I have tryed this with the latest patch for Oblivion and have even unistalled and reinstalled to put the specific patch for oblivion (an earlier one than the newest) listed for the plugin. No luck still hangs to no respond. Any ideas? Hope I am not wasting your time with this question, but I have exhausted all other ideas :) Wife is gonna kick my butt if I dont get her Oblivion back to what it was LOL.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Hung install

* Problem: The progress bar pauses and nothing appears to happen when installing the file.
* Cause: The plug-ins' installation programs are very sensitive to system settings and will often fail.
* Solutions: (Try these in order.)

1. If your account doesn't have administrator options, log in as an administrator and try again.
2. Turn off virus scanning software.
3. Reboot into safe mode with networking and attempt to install.
4. Try a clean boot
1. Windows XP directions at Microsoft site
* This has the highest chance of success.
* Caution: If you have a non-Microsoft firewall, you may sometimes be unable to connect to the Internet when performing this clean boot. To avoid this problem just be sure not to deactivate the firewall on step 3 under "Manual Steps to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP" on the link above.

taken from http://www.uesp.net/...blivion:Plugins